Enarete
Super Moderator
Staff member
- Joined
- Sep 18, 2017
- Messages
- 3,511
- Location
- Germany
I was going to stay away, but I have to say I am in love with my new filling. I keep feeling it to make sure it’s still there. I would lose the temp filling left and right and think it was my tooth breaking apart. Basically, eating was always terrifying. I have not chewed on that side in like six months and have chewed carefully for another 7 years. And what? It’s just fixed now?! WHAT?! ?
I stepped into a cold pool earlier and used to feel a slight pain in that tooth. I just figure nerves are weird like that and used to put my tongue there to help. Anywho, today? Cold water and nothing. NOTHING. Guys, NOTHING. Are dentists gods?! I lost 7 years of my life (the first 9 years before that I didn’t go don’t count because I didn’t have any problems and could care less about going, haha). I had seven years of misery for 15 minutes. I feel crazy now. I’m writing this because I’ll be freaking out in a few weeks and need to remind myself of the dental miracle. Can he do this to other teeth that bother me? Will I never have to use temporary filling again?!
If you are a lurker and trying to find courage to go, I hope my story (so far) helps you. It is so hard making an appt. It took me seven years after I first thought about, so I’m not exactly a shining example. You can do it when you’re ready. And you’ll know when you’re ready, even if it takes seven years of thinking about it. Awhile ago, I read something on here that said “once you make up your mind to go, it can be weeks, months, years, or decades.” That’s the truest thing I’ve ever read.
I love this site. You guys are the only people who understand what I’m going through and also the only people I have told about my appt. I’ve said it before but I really do love you all. Thank you for being here for me.
Delighted to read you are so happy with your new fillings. People often say things like 'I wished I would have done it earlier,' but sometimes plucking that courage just takes time and it's a part of the process. Look forward to reading about you falling in love with the future fillings as well:


