• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I need a second opinion on wisdom tooth! I have an x ray pic! Help!

Q

queenchannel

Hello!

So, my brother is experiencing pain on his wisdom tooth and I think it's because it's coming in. However, I took him to the dentist just to have him checked out. About a month ago he had an abcess in the same area which is why I wanted to make sure it was the tooth coming in and not another abcess. They told us that he needed to get the tooth removed, but from what I see in the x ray it seems alright? I drew a red arrow where the tooth is cause I'd like to know your opinions. I'm not really keen on the idea of extraction and neither is my mom (she thinks it's a business)
So here's the pic! https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1....=ffe3cf98cc9c7b8583b3e0f5e6b329ec&oe=58B8A89B

Thank you!

Oh my.

Thats coming in impacted, it would be indeed wise to get it out.

Leaving impacted wisdom teeth can cause all sorts of issues. Better to get it out before things get worse. :(

Trust me I had to endure all sorts of stuff with leaving mine in...I got all 4 of mine out 5 weeks ago due to them all being impacted and causing me infections/pain/ucler sores. :(

Back