• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I need two fillings soon, help to get through them that may help me

N

nutzforcats

I went to my dental cleaning yesterday which i was able to stay calm and get through but then got bad news i was now needing two older fillings re-done. What makes it hard for me is all the stuff they need to put in your mouth and i fear i won't be able to breathe properly. I've had many fillings but every time still feels like the first time, i had one two years ago and got through it but it wasn't that easy. The clamp is the biggest issue, next to the dental dam, at least these two teeth are not molars but top teeth seem to be harder and of course that is where most of my fillings are.:( Also, he said about putting a watch on Tooth 27 (i'm in Canada) and also to get xrays next year on the two root canals/crowns i had in the past 7 years, I asked another dentist- his wife who is also a dentist at the same practice who is my usual dentist and she said you can't xray through a crown, so i'm confused?

I asked another dentist- his wife who is also a dentist at the same practice who is my usual dentist and she said you can't xray through a crown, so i'm confused?

You certainly can x-ray through a crown. Presumably the dentist wants to check the root canals or else that the margins of the crowns are OK. Both of which can be checked by x-ray, as well as manual examination.

thanks. I'm guessing they have checked them before as it's been at least 5 years since i had both done, haven't had any pain or issues, do they need to do it differently or just a normal xray works as i had 4 xrays taken this week

Just a normal x-ray.

thanks, good because i was worried they weren't checking it at all. I've had no pain but was obsessing now it may have something wrong, i wish i wouldn't do that.

Back