• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I survived!!!!!!!! It was fine!

  • Thread starter Thread starter kstar
  • Start date Start date
K

kstar

Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2007
Messages
22
I must say this has been the most terrifying and satisfying experience I have had in my 32 years in this earth.  I had two broken molars and a broken wisdom tooth. I got the nerve to go to the dentist were I was informed that I had a cyst under one of the broken molars.

Two weeks later I had to get oral surgery to get it removedm plus the three molars. The anticipation was worse than the whole ordeal even the breaking of my molars. Well my surgeon was great got the IV in the first try while I had laughing gas. All I remember is telling him he was the best and then I woke up in recovery and my boyfriend was standing there telling me they got everything. I was numb for a while but it wasn't bad. When I got home  I ate some mashed potatoes and took two vicadin and went to sleep....I swear I am in no pain whatsoever!!!! Please just go to the dentist modern dentistry is so painless!!!! ;D ;D ;D

I will keep you posted!
 
I am so, so pleased that it is all over for you KStar and that it went so well for you. with myself, apart from the dental phobia, as those of you who have read my lengthy journal know, I had needle phobia too so although I plumped for IV sedation so I wouldnt feel anything at all, I was terrified of even having that. In a very strange way, and this might seem completely mad to those of you who have not had to go through IV, though I am sure KStar would agree, because the experience was so painfree, I wish in a way I could go through it all over again, just to get that euphoric feeling of pride, success and relief when it's all over. [smiley=jumping.gif]
 
Well done KStar!!  [smiley=jumping.gif]  [smiley=jumping.gif]  I'm glad that you have/had no pain and that the dentist was able to remove the cyst, I know that was a big concern for you.  

Thanks for sharing your story so that others can benefit!  :D

[smiley=grouphug.gif]
Pam
 
Hi,

Singerman would like to second your valuable comment about modern dentistry being relatively painless. My extraction was not anything like as bad as I thought it was going to be. It was nice to get a good night's sleep again.

If only the costs were more reasonable ::)

Good luck in the future. :)

Singerman.
 
Back
Top