• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Survived my appointment!!

S

scaredsw

Hey all,

Posted 3 weeks or so ago about how I went to the dentist for the first time in 8 years and was petrified he lied to me. This morning at 11 EST I had my appointment. Turns out it was 2 cavities and a much needed cleaning to remove calculus buildup. I took a Valium before to help my nerves and still cried a little but I’m happy to say I DID IT!! The novicane shots were the worst part and the cleaning wasn’t the most comfortable thing. It was scary hearing the drill in my head too but the dentist talked me through literally every single step and I feel so relieved. I’m taking doxycycline for 90 days now to help my gums heal and have to go back in 3 months to recheck my gums but I just wanted to thank everyone for your support and encouragement. I hope my story of being able to do this at 27 (and a social worker too) can encourage someone on here to go.

Happy happy haaaaaapppyy Saturday! (also still kinda loopy from the Valium LOL)

- scaredsw

Scaredsw,

So happy for you doing this first time in 8 years is a huge thing!!! you were able to get through this appt even though parts of it were uncomfortable you managed to endure and come out stronger building some positive experience that you did it and were courageous through it! definately an inspiration!:welldone::you-rock:

Back