• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

If my left lower wisdom was a difficult extraction, will it be the same with my right one?

  • Thread starter Thread starter claireytoo
  • Start date Start date
C

claireytoo

Junior member
Joined
Jan 2, 2025
Messages
16
Location
UK
When I had my lower left wisdom tooth extracted (LA only) it took the dentist an hour to remove. It was 7 years ago. It was fully erupted and so my general dentist did it at the clinic He tugged and struggled for what seemed like forever. He apologised afterwards, saying it 'just didn't want to come out' he also noted I'd been biting his finger. I didn't realise and felt awful!!
I fainted when I stood up from the chair and spent some time recovering before I could drive home.

I now have to have my right lower wisdom tooth extracted. It is also fully erupted but had some decay. Causes occasional pain recently.

Is it likely to be just as stubborn and difficult? I am seeing a different dentist now (I am abroad in Thailand).
The surgeon successfully popped out a badly broken and decayed upper RCT molar for me 3 weeks ago so I have some trust after the last experience. But remain a very nervous patient with problems/delay going numb (particularly lower jaw).
 
No, it's probably more related to the skill of the operator...

However, wisdom teeth are notoriously unpredictable, some pop out very easily but the patient has a fair amount of swelling/trismus etc and others put up a big battle and the patient heals almost without noticing.
 
@Gordon thanks for your reply. I don't much like the sound of either of those options!
Although very anxious I guess what will be will be..
 
Back
Top