• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I'm a wreck (once again)

  • Thread starter Thread starter shamrockerin
  • Start date Start date
Hello Shamrockerin,
Sorry to hear about your appointment..It's too bad your dentist doesn't invest in the ultra sonic cleaner..Can you call around and find a dentist who DOES use the ultra sonic cleaner? And keep the dentist you have now for all other procedures? Then you would find out how easy it is to clean your teeth with that and not the pick. Hope you feel better!

Hi LilyH,

I thought she did have an ultrasonic cleaner b/c when I went for my first cleaning (the 1st one in 12 yrs I mean) she had some kind of tool that hummed that was removing the calculus from my teeth. Maybe she only uses it for "heavy duty" cleanings?

I cannot even picture myself going into another dentist's office. . .going in my present one back in May was hard enough and led to many crying jags and sleepless nights and all sorts of other stuff. . .I can't go through that again.

I feel a little bit better now because 1) it's over with 2) at the least, I won't have any more dental appointments for 6 months and at the most, never again and 3) my husband was really sympathetic when I told him what happened. He made me a chocolate milkshake (and put a little coconut tequila in there for good measure!):innocent:
 
Oh sorry but they do not forget. :eek:

I do know how you feel though, I had never used floss until just over a year ago, to be honest I didn't really know what it was supposed to do and it frightened me to use it.

Well I was using an elec toothbrush, flossing like a mad woman and using rubber interdental brushes too, also every now and again I used salt water rinses. So you would think that my mouth would be nice and clean and in tip top condition, but no there was a bit I was missing and to cap it all my bridge wasn't being got to. Well crestfallen isn't the word but I felt terrible I thought that at 54, as I was then that I would have got to grips of how to clean my teeth. It did make me feel like not bothering, but then I thought things would be so much worse if I didn't do all I do.

When they tell us we are missing bits at least we know where to attack and declare war.

I do consider my mouth as a war zone at the moment, and I am in the lead for now.

Don't give up, just put today behind you, as nervous/phobic patients it doesn't take much to feel terrible, we are like kids I find with anything dental, but in all other aspects of my life I am most certainly grown up. Well most of the time anyway.

Get a good nights sleep and start again tomorrow, this is behind you now, so concentrate on living your life again without the stress and worry you had about your teeth some months ago.

You have done so well and come so far and you got married, a lot has changed in the last year for you. All good :jump::jump::jump: :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::there-there::there-there::hug5::friends::bear::bear::bear::bear::bear::bear::bear::bear::bear::bear:
 
Oh sorry but they do not forget. :eek:

Well. . .she has forgotten to call to confirm appointments before. . .I am hoping to get lucky again. If she doesn't call, then I won't feel bad about not going for a cleaning.:innocent:
 
Back
Top