• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

going tomorrow, I'm a wreck!

  • Thread starter Thread starter BigOzz
  • Start date Start date
B

BigOzz

Junior member
Joined
Jan 12, 2015
Messages
1
Hello folks, have a visit tomorrow and planned extraction of a wisdom tooth in local anesthesia. I am absolutely horrified of the numbing feeling after the shot. I have a history of astma, but no medicine or dental visit related attacks. I am always worried I'll suffocate so much that I have avoided the dentist as much as I could for the past few years, now I have two teeth needing attention, one of which, a wisdom tooth needs pulling. I simply cannot chew, I know I can't avoide it any longer but I am paralyzed with fear. It's like going to the electric chair! I chickend out once already :( HELP!
 
Hello folks, have a visit tomorrow and planned extraction of a wisdom tooth in local anesthesia. I am absolutely horrified of the numbing feeling after the shot. I have a history of astma, but no medicine or dental visit related attacks. I am always worried I'll suffocate so much that I have avoided the dentist as much as I could for the past few years, now I have two teeth needing attention, one of which, a wisdom tooth needs pulling. I simply cannot chew, I know I can't avoide it any longer but I am paralyzed with fear. It's like going to the electric chair! I chickend out once already :( HELP!

Have no Fear....If you have a good, supportive, and compassionate Dentist he should help calm your fears and and maybe it would help if you had a friend or loved one to go along with you for support....Just remember if those teeth need to come out and you can't chew , then try and think Positive of the benefits of getting bad teeth taken care of...Hope this helps !!:)
 
Back
Top