• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I'm an adult with baby teeth...

P

pintsize85

I'm about to be 25 and i still have 3 baby teeth, the incisors... i finally have the adult teeth coming it, and they are pushing out the baby teeth... i'm assuming i'll have to go to the dentist to get them pulled... will they numb me? is this common at all? will the adult teeth fall into place? i'm sorry for all the questions, i havent been to the dentist in a few years and i'm so scared of going and getting them pulled and looking weird with the space, so any advice will be wonderful!! thank you so much!!

If the adult teeth are coming through normally, then most dentists would just leave the baby teeth to be shed naturally, why put you through extractions for no reason?

i just assumed they would, since the adult teeth are pushing threw, and being 25, i dunno, i guess i dont want to look weird either with spaces... i'm so embarrassed by it, esp at my age and i see people with all their teeth, its all i can notice and think about, i just want to feel normal

Back