• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Is a waterpik enough to clean a bridge?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dinoza
  • Start date Start date
D

Dinoza

Junior member
Joined
Jun 1, 2018
Messages
11
Hello all,

I came to the point where I m just frustrated. I have a bridge and will start to do my second bridge on monday. I searched the whole city, but I was not able to find Super Floss nor Floss Threaders at all. I went to many dentists even to ask them, but no one had a floss threader or super floss, I really came to a point where I just want to cry, the bridge smells horrible, and the only suggestion I get is to get interdental sticks, I found the sticks, they cant clear all of the bridge, and they just make my gums bleed like insane, the only other option is a Waterpik, they are not cheap, usally around 100-150€, I m ready to buy one, but I m not sure if its enough, I do not want to waste the money and in the end it cant clean under the bridge... Is anyone here who is using just a Waterpik for clearing bridge/es? Is normal floss needed if I use a waterpik?

Thanks.
 
I don't have bridges myself, the best thing to do is asked your dentist. I am sure you can get a cheaper waterpik. I think my parents paid for me to a waterpik £40.
 
I went to many dentists even to ask them, but no one had a floss threader or super floss,

Sorry to hear that and a little bit surprised also.. I am wondering if any of the dentists you went to ask gave you an advice about how to clean it? Or adjusting it?

Hope you get a solution soon, there must be one :clover:
 
I think most dentists would recommend a waterpik only in addition to, and not as a substitute for interdental cleaners and floss (look for bridge and implant floss) when it comes to cleaning a bridge. Could you order from Amazon or similar?
 
Thanks all for the replies;

I found super floss, its really rare here, and yeah I was surprised aswell, usally every pharmacy has it, but not here... Well, its good that I found one with the super floss, but I do consider a waterpik, might be a better option in the long run :)
 
Back
Top