L
lillypad
Junior member
- Joined
- Jul 14, 2014
- Messages
- 2
Hi. It doesn't hurt, but I'm scared it will in the future. 
Background:
have known this poky thing was there for 10 years, BUT it was under lots of gum. It developed after I had braces. I asked the ortho if it would cause me problems in the future. He said not to worry about it.
Now, 10 years later, it's poking out of the gum. It's hard, pointed, and white.
My wisdom teeth grew in three years ago. Did they crowd and push out this tooth's root?
Is this bad? What can be done? Will my tooth die?
I lightened the picture so you could see better.
Edit: I still have my wisdom teeth. top only.

Background:
have known this poky thing was there for 10 years, BUT it was under lots of gum. It developed after I had braces. I asked the ortho if it would cause me problems in the future. He said not to worry about it.
Now, 10 years later, it's poking out of the gum. It's hard, pointed, and white.
My wisdom teeth grew in three years ago. Did they crowd and push out this tooth's root?
Is this bad? What can be done? Will my tooth die?
I lightened the picture so you could see better.
Edit: I still have my wisdom teeth. top only.
Attachments
Last edited:
Are you afraid of the dentist? I had severe dental phobia….until I actually got there and was 1/4 into my appointment. Please give yourself well deserved peace of mind and book an appt. I hope all will be well! 
You are v. sweet, thank you for the nice words. When I was younger my dad scraped up the money to get them fixed, so I've tried to keep them up. I usually force myself to go, after much stalling, but I'm scared they will say my upper bone is too thin and want to do some surgery immediately (Ive been googling with not much success). Yeah the ortho didnt say what it was and I didnt press him for an answer. In the picture, the pointy thing isn't showing very well, but it is definitely there. bone poking out of the gum.I appreciate your encouragement. Maybe I can get someone to come with me and hold my hand like a baby.