• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Is this normal ? I am starting to be afraid that my dentists don’t know how to fix my teeth

A

Alexistired

I know this sounds weird but I am starting to be afraid that my dentists don’t know what they are doing … I’ve changed at least four and this one seemed like the best one but I find myself genuinely concerned over an issue that I’ve noticed …

I got all of my teeth redone and filled during the course of one year but I am noticing some of them already have black dots and spots on them not even one month after being filled . I feel like I’m being scammed . How is this possible ? Is it a normal occurrence and I’m worrying too much about it ? Or is it actually concerning ?

I have some pictures . I see multiple of these dots on different teeth I recently got filled (one month ago … three months ago …) I really need to ask for a dentist’s opinion on here . Is this normal , or are these cavities ? Not even one month after my last filling ? If this is the situation after one month what’s gonna happen in years …
I brush my teeth three times a day and I floss . I need help
Thank you in advance

Attachments

• 1E5047E1-12E3-4DE6-A99B-CD6C7605A287.jpeg
    1E5047E1-12E3-4DE6-A99B-CD6C7605A287.jpeg
    251.3 KB · Views: 26
That's just staining.

Ok … thanks … is it worrying ? And what causes it
Thanks for replying

No it's nothing to worry about. It's caused by all the good things in life, coffee, red wine...

Thank you . Since those dots gave me a bit of anxiety (because I suffer from hidden cavities) my dentist decided to use a laser tool next time , to detect all possible cavities - im very happy . I also mentioned to her that one of my deep fillings (the deepest) that I got done in August still bothers me when I chew (it feels a bit annoying) so she leveled it up but it didn’t make a difference . She said I need to be patient and it will eventually go away (I’m worried about it) I hope if something is wrong with the tooth that it will be clear after she uses the laser tool .

Back