• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

IV Sedation tomorrow at 8.30am and I'm very anxious...

@RustyRebecca Oh no, I am so sorry that you experienced that. When you feel ready again, you can look around for someone new. I have work needing done and my therapist said before any treatment to always have a consult appointment - as many as I need to until I feel SAFE and comfortable! You do what's best for you. It's going to be okay. In due time you will find someone great and be taken care of.

@RustyRebecca Oh no, I am so sorry that you experienced that. When you feel ready again, you can look around for someone new. I have work needing done and my therapist said before any treatment to always have a consult appointment - as many as I need to until I feel SAFE and comfortable! You do what's best for you. It's going to be okay. In due time you will find someone great and be taken care of.
It is right what you say about needing to feel safe. Especially as @RustyRebecca you say you have a complex history of trauma. Find a dentist you can develop a good rapport with and who will listen to you and help you ease your worries and guide you through treatment.
If you are not yet comfortable with IV sedation then that is OK. Keep it in mind as you may feel differently when you find someone you trust.
I hope you find them soon and are able to get your treatment done :)

Trust is huge. When I get IV sedation, it’s with an anesthesiologist. He told me anytime he would see I’m uncomfortable, he would stop everything, make sure I’m comfortable before letting the dentist continue working. The first time he worked with me, we had a consult where he answered all my questions and explained everything properly. He even analyzed reports of old visits I had at that office and explained how different it would be with him.

Back