• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Loose teeth

D

Denise 999

Has anybody lost a tooth and not gone to the dentist due to fear. What happened?

Denise,

How are you doing? Are you in any pain with the lost tooth? I have put off going for a few days after a loss when its not painful. but usually go in pretty quick. Hope you are not in pain. Losing a tooth can be a bit scary.

No. No pain at all. Did you get antibiotics or anything? Ty for your concern. I am just terrified it's going to come out because I just know I won't go to the dentist.

so it hasn't come out yet but you are afraid it will? loose?. Has it been a while since you have been? you are not alone. this is the place to be . we will support you. just trying to understand so we can best help. Glad you are not in pain .

No it hasn't come out yet. And it's only loose it I push it with my finger. My tongue doesn't move it at all. I haven't been to the dentist for too many years to mention and to be honest I am too ashamed of the state of my mouth to even let s dentist see. Phobia doesn't even come close to it! Brushing 3/4 times a day with corsodyl gel, using antibacterial mouthwash, cleaning my tongue and using gengigel before bed. Something might help. Fingers crossed.

Denise,

I hear you, it is REALLY hard to go in after years, (I had several pockets of years I was too afraid) Its very hard to trust again and put yourself in a vulnerable spot to give someone a chance to even take a look. Do you have a place you have thought of going? have you done any research on anxious friendly dentists in your area? I can say of all the previous bad experiences years ago.. the experiences the last few years have been great, compassionate ,competant experiences where they really want to understand and help. Maybe you could even email or call first and tell them you just want to meet them first with no work and see if you feel comfortable. Some dentists will let you do that. And . I can thankfully say that my past 2 dentists and others I have met have been very non shaming, they only want to help you . We have some lovely dentists here on the forum to prove that. But I hope you can go step by step and take care of this so you can have some peace of mind. You are doing alot of things right by coming on here and thinking about taking care of this and also all the self care for your teeth you mentioned.

Ty so much for your reassuring words. I have told myself to do as much as I can at home whilst I build the courage to make that first step. Yeah I have been thinking where to go. Even looked up dentists that will treat you at home and hell with cost. Lol. None anywhere near me though. Next best idea.....general anaesthesia at home, stretcher me in and then after tuck me in bed back at home . If only!
Thank you for responding. Much appreciated.

It is very hard to take the steps.. give yourself credit each step and take babysteps to progress, your body will tell you when you absolutely have to kick it in higher gear . Hope you will find someone kind near you. We do have a referral section, not sure where Workington is?