• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Lower Denture Problems

M

Maid in Kent

I have always been terrified of the dentist, when I was a child if you didn't sit still the dentist would slap you, so the phobia began. My teeth have gradually got worse and now my dentist has recommended removal, I have had all but one at the back removed from the top, I have no problems with my denture and everyone says they look very natural. I have now had more lower teeth removed and am wearing a partial plate, but I just can't eat, everytime I try it just moves, is sore, I know the gums need to heal, and I do use a good adhesive but nothing works. I have a really important function coming up and I can't just eat soft foods. The worst is sandwiches, I have lost 1/2 a stone, which is great I needed to , but not like this. Any suggestions, I have been back to my dentist every couple of days to have a refit but it's no better, they don't hurt now when I am not eating. I can only manage really soft food and soups....thank goodness for slow cookers. Any advice would be great thank you

Have you tried Seabond?

I tried it with my upper partial along with a few other adhesives and it really did keep things in place but at the time was too tight for comfort for me at the time.

There's a thread about it here:

Just placed an order on line. Prepared to try anything driving me bonkers. Thank you again.

They can be fiddly to cut to size so when they arrive do a couple of practice runs.
I admittedly only tried them once but it took a while to get the size right.

Hope it helps! :)

Back