• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Lower right pain

Replacing that amalgam will certainly help. I assume they won't be charging you for the new filling, hint hint! :)

Well I’m back from the dentist! They didn’t replace the filling but gave me some medication that I’ve got to put on myself for the next few days. Looks like something you could smoke! I’ve also got a syringe to flush mouthwash through. This lady said the filling overhangs because my tooth is at an angle and things may be getting caught in there. She’s bound the two teeth together? She said it was a temporary thing but who knows.

If this doesn’t work she says the filling is cracked slightly so will try replacing it next time.

I’m just happy someone has done something!

EDIT: think the plan was to replace the filling but I mentioned my bottom lip has been going numb so she thinks there’s an infection somewhere although I’ve just finished 5 days of amoxicillin with no improvement

WHAT is in that medication?! It’s turning my stomach :sick::)

Why in the hell are you still going back to that practice? That whole story is utter crap from beginning to end...

This was a third different dentist but you’re right. No practices accepting NHS nearby at the moment and I’m so desperate to stop taking a packet of ibuprofen a day I’m hoping they’ll get it right eventually. Could go to Evesham but I’m taking the piss being off work as it is

Now trying to find a private practice that will take on some shoddy work! ?

So I managed to do some excellent stalking online and find the NHS consultant, who would be removing my tooth in January if I could wait that long, in a private surgery in my hometown! He’s taking the tooth out on the 2nd July ??

The tooth is out! It took a long long time to numb and the dentist started pulling twice but had to stop. I think I heard him say he injected the nerve of the tooth?! Anyway that one hurt a lot and seemed to do the trick.

Now the dry socket paranoia can kick in for a few days :) (smoker, female, have a cough, too hungry/fat to eat liquid!)

Worryingly I think I still have some front lip and tooth pain/tingling which was there before the tooth was pulled (so not damage from the removal). It’s been 12 hours since removal so I’ll see how it goes.

Barely any swelling, pain at the back due to the 9 shots of anaesthetic I needed ?? but I’m still convinced it’s not sorted the original problem.

My (crap) dentist said it was either tooth or TMJ. I can’t believe that I would be in constant pain from TMJ or maybe I just don’t want to believe it. The root of the wisdom tooth was inflamed when it came out so I think I’m just being impatient!

There was quite a lot of inflammation there, give it some time.

Back