• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Multiple bottom extractions, 3 days out

M

Mmerlin

New here.
9 lower teeth extracted. Received immediate dentures. They hurt a lot. Took them out to give gums a rest.
Am I doing wrong? Should I take them out when I sleep too?
Suggestions appreciated.
Thank you. :cry:

New here.
9 lower teeth extracted. Received immediate dentures. They hurt a lot. Took them out to give gums a rest.
Am I doing wrong? Should I take them out when I sleep too?
Suggestions appreciated.
Thank you. :cry:

I had all of my bottoms out last Monday and got immediates. I was told for now to sleep with them because the gums will heal faster. Mine didn’t hurt at all. The only issue I had was they were pretty loose and my dentist said to try to avoid adhesive til after stitches out. I’d say to keep them in as much as you can but call your dentist. Can he give you pain meds?

I wish my didn't hurt. It just feels like they're scraping against my gums.
The dentist gave me Tylenol with codeine.
My follow up is tomorrow.

My husband had 4 lowers extracted and immediate dentures. He was also told to leave them in while sleeping to help the gums heal. His gums were really sore for about three weeks. It's been over a year now, and it's like nothing ever happened, he's fully adjusted. Hang tight! Hope your follow up gives you some relief!

Thank you so much. Gives me hope.

I had all mine done about 6 weeks ago and did have several sore spots. The dentist booked me in for weekly appointments to do adjustments which was a huge relief. If you haven’t got an appointment coming up get one booked in and they can work on the areas that are sore so that the denture doesn’t rub. I can honestly say I am at the point now where i forget I even have dentures for most of the time. Do warm salt water rinses as often as you can very gently as that might help. Hang on in there, it does get better!

Back