• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

multiple dental spicules

  • Thread starter Thread starter purplelcr
  • Start date Start date
P

purplelcr

Junior member
Joined
Nov 27, 2012
Messages
2
I had the unfortunate experience of having to have 5 teeth extracted. I have developed what I think is Dental spicules. Does anyone know how these are removed? Mine are very painful. I have a partial, but cannot wear it due to these painful areas. They are located on my gumline along the chin area. What is the procedure for having these removed. I am terrified of going back to the oral surgeon because his local anesthetic shots hurt like H...... He had to clip some bone that that begun to protrude through the gum where one of the teeth were extracted, but these bony areas have not come through the gum yet. Does anyone know how they can fix or remove them and do they only use local anesthetic? I am too scared to go back, and the sad partis Ihave to go back tomorrow--- YIKES........
 
You poor thing... they usually do make their way out on their own but don't know how long it will take. If they are causing you that much pain it might be best to have the os take them out. Can you request he use numbing gel before he gives you locals? I'm not 100% sure if you have to be numbed to removed them.
 
Thanks, I did go back to oral surgeon. He told me mine had to be removed which will happen next wednesday December 12th. He is going to ge me lauging gas to help with the anxiety of getting those shots. I hope this does help to relax during the shots, which were hirendous and painful, the worst shots Ihave ever haVE.What experiences has others had with the nitrous oxide use?
 
Back
Top