• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

my dentist but new practice

  • Thread starter Thread starter harper
  • Start date Start date
Hi Mandy & congrats on your appointment [smiley=jumping.gif] well done. It sounds like everything went well. You must feel so much better.

Keep us posted
 
thanks freakout yeah i feel better still got a long way to go but least i feel like i can carry on now. thanks for everyones support . going back tuesday so will let you know how it goes. he said hes gonna get an xbox in the waiting room so i can play on that.
 
Congrats Mandy [smiley=cheers.gif] - well done [smiley=notworthy.gif]!

An xbox in the waiting room is a really cool idea [smiley=party.gif] ;D...
 
hi lets
yeah sounds like it will be a nice place when its finished hes gonna get tv xbox ,loads of toys as he put it (typical man) and a screen so we can watch it whilst hes working i didnt have the heart to say rather someone else than me although i would be interesting as that bit doesnt frighten me just silly things like different practices :)
 
Hi Mandy...I'm so glad you are feeling more comfortable with the office. My next appointment is Tuesday, as well. Not sure what he is doing, too afraid to ask, but several months ago he said that tooth would need a root canal :-/ Unfortunately due to problems with other teeth, we had to put off doing anything until now. Last week all he said was the tooth needed work.

I will keep you posted on my appointment as well.
 
hi freakout
im dreading tuesday i should have changed my app to a later time but knew he wasnt there much next week so took the easy option and said oh no ill be ok , now wishing i had. i feel a bit better than i did but im dreading tuesday cos theres gonna be people there ,thats sounds stupid but when i went on friday C only had one person there im sure the receptionship doesnt like me  :( your just like me leave without asking what their gonna do my prob is i havent asked how much this is gonna cost me probably have to sell me gold crowns to pay for it  :D  its funny (well not funny but you know what i mean) how so many people dont like root fillings ive had 4 and 3 of them have been a diseaster the one i had on fri is killing me and my chin and jaw really hurts.  oh well just think of his lovely face and ill be ok  :-[ please make sure you do keep me updated its people like you that make it easier thanks so much mandyxx
 
Hi Mandy...If you don't have any contraindications (can you tell I once worked for doctors) have you tried taking ibuprophen for the pain and swelling. If that doesn't help, I would try to call, they must have an emergency number, and see if he could give you something for the pain.

I have only had one root canal (so far) & I had complications, I am hoping it was a fluke and that all will go well, if in fact he does a root canal. It make me a little nervous at the thought of another root canal, however, from this site I have learned most people don't have problems with them. I am hoping that will be the case.

Just 2 1/2 day to go...Panic starting to set in. I'm off work tomarrow, which doesn't help, if I am busy I tend not to think about it as much.
 
hi freakout
    ive been taking 3 ibuprofen and a paracetomal which works wonders usually  but doesnt want to this time, spent most of yesterday in bed  :( dont worry about yours youll be fine got to remember that i never went to the d.... for 22 years so thats probably why ive got all these problems , some might say my own fault? why is it we worry days before? i feel stupid cos im not scared of the treatment or C but stupid other things . i wonder if ill be like this forever? take care mandy xx [smiley=hug.gif]
 
Hi Mandy
Sorry to hear the painkillers   :-X don't work. You should probably phone the emergency line or at least see if a Pharmacist (Boots open on Sunday/ out of hours?) can suggest anything stronger. Or there's always NHS Direct/A&E probably not busy this time on a Sunday morning.
Must be hard to see an end to all this right now but you will get there someday soon...
All the best
Brit
 
hi brit
i think ill try getting something stronger the practice is just an answerphone ,we do have an emergency dental surgery at the hospital but i wont go i just cant too scared [smiley=ashamed.gif]
 
Hey Mandy, I hope you'll be able to get it seen to soon [smiley=grouphug.gif] - bummer it's a weekend :(
 
thanks lets
just seing people have replied makes me feel better A BIG THANKYOU. its not too bad at the mo although i feel very sick but is that becouse im worrying about something and feel too silly to tell anyone? i want to write it here but dont want to be a pain or anyone to think im silly [smiley=ashamed.gif]
 
If writing about it helps you, then so you should :D!! Weekends are usually a bit quiet around here (I suppose a lot of people are out and about, or can't use their computers at work to access the internet [smiley=evil.gif])... but feel free to vent anytime!
 
thanks lets your a star
well please excuse this if it sounds stupid.
as you know i went to see C on fri and had a really nice chat to him ,wrote down some things to explain why i was scared and what we could do to help. he was nice and said we could try and work on them. i had my bottom tooth seen to and an hour and a half later left. i felt better but still things going round and round my head. he now knows how i feel dentistry wise but i still feel very bad about upsetting him 2 weeks ago and have never told him its worrying me,also i have this fear thats always on my mind that when i finally get through all this if ever! ill go back for a check up and hell be gone this probably sounds stupid and some people might think oh well just find someone else but its really bothering me. the other thing is i feel such a pain like he must dread seing me in the app book and one day will tell me to go somewhere else. i know some people are gonna think this is stupid and a mate said i bet he doesnt think that,but its really bothering me and ive felt sick thinking about it all day. i want to tell him but worry hell say cant be doing with this find someone else.i know some of this stems from not having any confidence and fear but i just dont know what to do its making me ill. please anyone help what do i do? :'(
 
christo2006 said:
i still feel very bad about upsetting him 2 weeks ago and have never told him its worrying me

That's a biggie, isn't it? He has probably forgotten all about it or maybe he didn't even notice it, but why not just say something along the lines of "I'd like to apologise for... (insert whatever you'd like to apologise for)" or "I feel really awful because I think I upset you by (insert whatever you feel you did "wrong"). As your mate said, he probably didn't even notice - but I'm sure he'll think it's nice of you to even worry about these things [smiley=cloud9.gif]. I also think he'd be quite flattered to find out that you're worried about being a pain in the butt, it really shows how much you value his help. So, yes, I'd mention it next time you see him :).

also i have this fear thats always on my mind that when i finally get through all this if ever! ill go back for a check up and hell be gone this probably sounds stupid and some people might think oh well just find someone else but its really bothering me.

On the other hand, it may never happen :). Or you could travel to see him.
 
Hi Mandy...I hope you are feeling a little better...well as good as possible. I definately know what you mean, about getting nervous days before appointments. I often wonder if it will always be like this as well. All I can think about is the sounds, sights, and smells of the office. I think about the shots (which aren't that bad, however had a bad experience...images flood back to mind), & the drill. I also worry, what if he moves (the mall he is in is almost bare) will I still be able to see him. I also worry about telling him if I still have problems with a treated tooth...will he say "Oh no not her again" But in the end I have realized, he can't help me if he doesn't know that I hurt. I have yet to tell him how freaked out I get at appointments, but he can tell by the shaking (impossible to hide)

I think we need to focus on the positives...We have found dentists that we trust. They are compassionate, gentle and respect our fears. I am sure they would never just disappear.

Ironically once, while talking to my sister (who worked for my dentist) she told me one of my dentists biggest fears was that he would lose someone as a patient because of something he did. He has a very busy office, yet he worries about losing even one patient WOW!
 
Hi Mandy
As he's moved from the NHS practice to the private practice - I'd guess it's more likely he'll be staying around in the UK for sometime. Do you know if he is a Partner in the new practice or an Associate? Obviously partners are usually permanent.

I wouldn't worry about 2 weeks ago - I should think he'll feel a bit bad about your having been in so much pain over the weekend.

Best wishes
Hope you get sorted today.
 
hi all
thanks so much the support is whats keeping me going THANKYOU [smiley=hugging.gif] lets,ive decided im going to tell him becouse otherwise it will always be on my mind and ill never be able to move on. i think ill have to write it down though becouse i can never get the words out,stupid i know but i think a lot of its to do withmy lack of confidence and being bullied my whole life. do you think it will be ok to write it down?
 
I reckon writing it down would be an excellent idea [smiley=cheers.gif]!!
 
thanks lets your a star [smiley=hugging.gif]
 
Back
Top