Hey shaNE I was in your shoes not to long ago. 10 year hiatus minus one visit at the 4 or 5 hear mark for pain relief where I never went back to address issues. In the last few years I had a broken tooth or two and plenty of cavaties etc. Not sure what changed back before Xmas but I was tired of obsessing, staying up and fearing the worst. One thing I learned from here is you'll never leave the dentist worse off. For me, the fear of the un known was the worst. I assumed mine would be so bad I'd need dentures etc. Anyways I made my consult before Xmas and started work in January. Not only am I almost done I don't fear the dentist as much as I did. I mean I don't love it but I don't panic about it like before. My new dentist is so sweet do gentle and kind. Anyways I have e completed plenty of fillings, 3 extractions and a root canal as well as some front tooth restoration. Tomorrow is actually my final filling. Stage 2 is 2 crowns and an implant and then I am good unless I want more lol. I guess my point is, sometimes the hardest part is just getting through that first appt. I can assure you I hate the stuff in my mouth as well but my debrist has said I'm one of the toughest and easiest to work on patients she's ever seen sp that is nice. Basically I lay stone still with my mouth open and take a mental vacation because I was/am so scared. Anyways, now that I'm almost done I can say none of it was as bad as I expected and I am so happy with the results. Good luck shane