• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Need encouragement

J

Jumper34

So I posted on here earlier about my first trip to the dentist in about 4-5 years and finding out I need a bit of work done. Well I'm going Thursday for the first part of it "two crowns on my front two teeth" and I'm freaking out. I think about it constantly and find myself not being able to sleep because of it. :(

I know exactly how you feel , but feel proud for taking steps to get your mouth healthy. It's very scary I know but sometimes it's not as bad as we imagine.
Good luck!

Epal is right you should be proud and I'm sure the treatment won't be as bad as you fear.

I had 3 top front teeth prepared for crowns back in 2014 and it wasn't half as scary as I imagined.

Good luck just think of the end result and you'll be fine.

I know its scary, one day at a time, we are all here to support you

Thank you everyone! I'm nervous but also excited that I'm getting my teeth fixed after a few years! I think the nerves are just starting to get worse the closer I get. Thursday can't get over soon enough lol

Thank you everyone! I'm nervous but also excited that I'm getting my teeth fixed after a few years! I think the nerves are just starting to get worse the closer I get. Thursday can't get over soon enough lol

Congrats on scheduling an appointment! I have my first appoint in my dental journey tomorrow. I'm super excited, nervous, anxious, and worried. It's a lot of emotions but at the end of the day, it's the start to answering my doubts and uncertainties about my teeth. I hope the same for you also. Please update us.

Congrats on scheduling an appointment! I have my first appoint in my dental journey tomorrow. I'm super excited, nervous, anxious, and worried. It's a lot of emotions but at the end of the day, it's the start to answering my doubts and uncertainties about my teeth. I hope the same for you also. Please update us.

Congrats to you too! I have already had my first appointment which was a cleaning and x-rays and stuff. Surprisingly it went rather well, other than the fact that I need a lot of work done! Other than fillings, I need crowns on my front two teeth as I stated above lol and my wisdom teeth removed. Which already has me freaking out and I'm not even scheduling that appointment till later. Hah, anyways Thursday is getting those two crowns and I'm super nervous but also starting to relax a bit with everyone's encouragement on here! Thank you!

Congrats to you too! I have already had my first appointment which was a cleaning and x-rays and stuff. Surprisingly it went rather well, other than the fact that I need a lot of work done! Other than fillings, I need crowns on my front two teeth as I stated above lol and my wisdom teeth removed. Which already has me freaking out and I'm not even scheduling that appointment till later. Hah, anyways Thursday is getting those two crowns and I'm super nervous but also starting to relax a bit with everyone's encouragement on here! Thank you!

Keep us updated on the crowns! Sending you warm thoughts!!