• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

need help to find IV sedation in Ireland

S

stressed

hi everybody i have watched this website ffrom afar for long enough decided it is time to make a start on my teeth.
of course, i am incapable oif going to a dentist and just getting a normal injection and getting work done. This has led to a build up of ALOT of dental work to be doen and i am only 22. I need to find a dentist in Ireland or Northrn Ireland that offers IV sedation/twilight sleep thing and also if anybody has had this done can you tell me what it is like??? Does it actually work?
I am so nervous but I have to do this now before it gets any worse thank you

VERY stressed:cry:

[Welcome to the forum Stressed.
Have a wee look here to see if there are any recommendations near you......

IV sedation is the only way I can get through any treatment and works well for me. I have my treatment done and remember nothing about it!

Last edited:
thanks so much hopefully now il be able to pick up the phone and make an appointment somewhere now thanks:)

If, like me.........you are too anxious and scared to call , then I would email a few dentists first, explaining your worries. ( even the thought of speaking to dddddentist used to send me into a full blown panic attack) It helps to write things down rather than say them? You will find that it helps tremendously to vent your fears on this forum. So keep posting and keep us informed.

thank you...i emailed a few and the on ein mullingar got back to me...just wondering does anybody have any experience going there??

Hi IV sedation is a GIFT- best thing ever!
I am from N.Ireland and there is alot of dental surgerys near me that offer IV SEDATION..... Where are you closest to?

hiya i had iv on friday they put it in and within seconds your in heaven,no fear,no nerves i had immediate dentures at the top and was dreding having my teeth took out but iv i would def have again if having teeth out :)

oh really thanks, i have an appointment thursday in mullingar, do you realise whats happening when the dentist is doing work on you or are u in pain after??

im afraid it wont work or something on me:(

Hi sressed! I've had iv sedation several times. Used to have a lovely dentist in Dublin but he is long retired now. Whereabouts are you anyway, Mullingar?

Anyway, you won't be aware of a thing the dentist is doing! Really, it is a dream. :)

I was nervous the first time I had it but there was no need to be.

Best of luck with it, you'll be fine!

Back