A
anneh
Junior member
- Joined
- Oct 3, 2006
- Messages
- 7
I have had a lifetime of poor dental health which has meant either losing my teeth or getting them done so I have been good about getting work done. This Thursday due to having to replace crowns I have to have "crown lengthening" done on two teeth unfortunately one on each upper side of mouth but I chose to get it over with in one visit. I am wondering how I will eat afterward as I think they have to use stitches
and I guess what I am most worried about is how that will work with eating etc and how long I will have to not eat. I know they will tell me but I would like to know in advance. They said I will need strong pain killers
so must be painful afterwards altho I am pretty good with pain. I do have a good specialist for this that I know and trust. For those who are scared of the dentist I have had alot of work done and overcome my initial phobias but must admit this has me in terrible anxiety and if not for knowing I would lose my teeth I wouldn't be going 
anneh
and I guess what I am most worried about is how that will work with eating etc and how long I will have to not eat. I know they will tell me but I would like to know in advance. They said I will need strong pain killers
so must be painful afterwards altho I am pretty good with pain. I do have a good specialist for this that I know and trust. For those who are scared of the dentist I have had alot of work done and overcome my initial phobias but must admit this has me in terrible anxiety and if not for knowing I would lose my teeth I wouldn't be going 
anneh

![Group Hug [smiley=grouphug.gif] [smiley=grouphug.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/grouphug.gif)
Thanks for food ideas and the reminder that I am not alone in this situation ![Cheers [smiley=cheers.gif] [smiley=cheers.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/cheers.gif)
. Don't be afraid to ask as many questions as you like at your appointment - that's what they're there for
. Some people find it helps to write a list and take it with them.
but will go back to get other side done in a couple weeks I guess. Crown lengthening involves cutting back the gum/bone to expose more tooth and enable a better crown fit. It was a good thing because the specialist found decay up near the root which would have gone undetected
. Also, altho I would have preferred to not go thru it again esp with the pain meds and antibiotics, in a way its good because as least I have a good side to eat soft foods on
They had to put stitches in plus a sort of putty-like protection around the area. I have virtually no pain at this time but they did have me take 800mg prescription motrin altho I will probably switch to Xstrength Tylenol tomorrow, I don't like taking drugs and that is one of the reasons I dreaded the procedure.![Hug [smiley=hug.gif] [smiley=hug.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/hug.gif)