• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

New Crown Issues

LenaD

LenaD

I have a new crown(18) and the temp had a open margin causing sensitivity and a dull ache. I got the crown and the bite was off and it was making the tooth not happy and the opposing one not happy. Finally got it adjusted and it feels better but tooth 16(a root canaled tooth) has had some pain come and go. It feels kind of like it did when it needed a root canal but only at the base. I’m wondering if the bite messed the root canal up or if it’s a tooth ligament issue because of the bite being off. I’m a bite worried. I also need to get it adjusted again the bite still feels off I have a cleaning on Friday so I’ll ask for him to take a look again. Is it normal for get a bite adjusted a couple times? This time it feels like my bite it high next to the crown.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey there, perhaps you can pose your questions to the verified dentists on the “Your Dentistry Questions Answered” section. Good luck in the meantime and hopefully your worries will be resolved :clover:

LenaD

How are you feeling today? any better? :grouphug:

Thank you for asking I got a bite adjustment but I need another one. This crown has been tough to get the bite right.

I have a new crown(18) and the temp had a open margin causing sensitivity and a dull ache. I got the crown and the bite was off and it was making the tooth not happy and the opposing one not happy. Finally got it adjusted and it feels better but tooth 16(a root canaled tooth) has had some pain come and go. It feels kind of like it did when it needed a root canal but only at the base. I’m wondering if the bite messed the root canal up or if it’s a tooth ligament issue because of the bite being off. I’m a bite worried. I also need to get it adjusted again the bite still feels off I have a cleaning on Friday so I’ll ask for him to take a look again. Is it normal for get a bite adjusted a couple times? This time it feels like my bite it high next to the crown.

Hi LenaD, I merged your two last posts and moved them here. Hope you get a reply soon.

Updating went for my cleaning and he did adjustment number 3 it feels good but he had to adjust neighboring teeth and one on the opposing side(there was a spot that felt high all the time) it feels better but now I’m wondering if I had him do to much and I’m ruining good teeth next to the crown. My head is getting the best of me. This crown changed my bite for sure but there’s no going back only moving forward. I’m hoping I’ll get used to it and I didn’t do anything I’ll regret.

Am in a similar situation with a new crown. It’s not 100%, but getting slowly better. It could be my gums which are still a bit messed up in that area, or it could be my bite is ever so slightly off. Or it could be that everything just needs to settle down. I haven’t got another appointment arranged and am reluctant to call. Sigh!

I feel you! I got it adjusted because the bite was way off the first time then it was better but there was still a spot that hit and due to the misaligned bite my teeth are sprained next to the the opposing crowned tooth. They were healthy teeth. I’m feeling a bit unnerved of my choice. Should I be concerned of shaving three teeth?in the center?

Attachments

• 8B6A7128-E32D-4EBC-907D-C5981DE86F4A.jpeg
    8B6A7128-E32D-4EBC-907D-C5981DE86F4A.jpeg
    306.9 KB · Views: 6
I have it a couple weeks and both times usually when it’s right I forget about it and my teeth settle. This time it wasn’t

ugh going through pain as well and have a temp crown in right now. I had a filling break off a tooth and was told I needed a crown. I was fine for a few days after the crown prep but all of a sudden I started getting pain. I went back into the dentist today to try and adjust the bite and they did adjust it a bit but I still have pain that comes and goes. I can't even take advil because I am currently pregnant. They told me that if I still have pain in a week I would need to see an endodontist...ugh..

Back