• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

New here and worried about medication

  • Thread starter Thread starter crd08
  • Start date Start date
C

crd08

Junior member
Joined
Oct 10, 2015
Messages
1
I have a huge dental fear, but that fear stems from my emetophobia. I basically have a phobia of throwing up. Anything that upsets my stomach sends me into a downward panicky spiral. I become a mess.

I had just accepted I might need a RTC and was becoming okay with it. Then I started getting some pain in my jaw on the left side..it's odd because I can't tell if a specific tooth hurts or not. It just comes and goes and my teeth have no sensitivity or anything. I have two crowns, and he said the one may need the RTC. I have to wait though till January so my insurance will cover it, so he wants to keep any possible infection at bay.

He gave me penicillin a few weeks ago, which I was terrified to take as all antibiotics upset my stomach. Then I was in a car accident, the pills were in my car a few days, my anxiety was bad, I had a bad concussion and didn't take them as well as I should have. Naturally the pain never went away but it was almost gone and much better when I ran out of pills.

I texted my dentist and he called me in something different since penicillin upset my stomach. I had never heard of it before: clindamycin. I was up all night googling it ( bad idea) and now I'm totally panicking about taking it. This seems like a terrible medicine for someone who's stomach was upset by general penicillin.

part of it sounds great, like it would kick the infection right away. but it would kick everything else too by the sound of it. I already have a touchy system between my IBS and anxiety, so I can see taking this being terrible. And monday is my first day back at work and I don't want to be miserable from this medicine, as any little upset will send me into a panic. But also don't want the infection to get worse :/

I figured here was the best place to get some reviews on this medicine, as it seems great to use on oral infections.
 
Hi this forum is for people with dental phobia really. To answer your question I have taken this medication and as long as you take something dairy with it, it should keep your stomach settled. This can be a piece of cheese of a bit of milk or the pro-biotic little drinks are very good too.

I wish you good luck and hopefully the antibiotics will keep things at bay for you until January :fingerscrossed::butterfly:
 
Back
Top