• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

New scared member here looking to smile again in a photo

M

munkeyboi

Hey guys,

nice little forum you have here. so decided to join up.

Have had a little read now and again previously.

I've been petrified of the dentist for years, since i was about 10 I think, I'm now 30. I'm missing most of my upper molars. :( and have to have the last upper molar removed.

I need sedation for every treatment i've every had. Whether it be GA, IV, NOS,

I've had treatments at Guys Hospital in london, and they are good there, and very nice. Just I don't think they care too much about the patient or their problems.

Im due to go tomorrow at 10am for IV sedation and I'm utterly crapping myself.
But its nothing compared to how i will feel tomorrow morning I'm sure.

I just hate everything about the dentist experience, the noise, the pain, the smells, people looking down on me with sharp instruments and needles. Makes me shudder thinking about it.

But then i realise that i dont want to be afraid or a crying wreck everytime someone looks into my mouth.

They are going to offer me CBT to help with things, but I tried CBT for depression and have to say it was more like being at school and studying than a therapy. But perhaps that was bad tuition. Who knows. Willing to give it another go.

Anyhoos, that's enough for me i guess.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek and hello

Munks

ugh,

IV went ok, except i was trying to tear out the IV in my arm when i came to.

And bits were coming off the filling, wondering if that is a problem? Don't want to have to go get it redone :(
Will try to call them.

Next is general anaesthetic :(
shall wait for the appointment and cower

You're doing so well! :respect: CBT may help and as you say worth giving a go! It may work for this :)
Keep us updated :jump:

welcome new member and it sounds like everything went well great job keep us posted :grouphug:

Back