• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Newbie Here. IV Sedation booked for tomorrow at 11.30am. The calm before the storm (panic attack)

Re: Newbie Here. IV Sedation booked for tomorrow at 11.30am. The calm before the storm (panic atta

Hi ACN.

Yes this place is amazing for venting. It helps me to manage the fear. There is a massive benefit in talking to others who are going through something similar. Plus, reading other peoples experiences makes it somewhat less fearful.

I hope your troubles are shortly resolved x

I gave up on getting things resolved months ago. Not worth the stress.

Re: Newbie Here. IV Sedation booked for tomorrow at 11.30am. The calm before the storm (panic atta

I gave up on getting things resolved months ago. Not worth the stress.

I'm sorry to hear you feel that way about the situation, yet I can understand where you are coming from. For 4 years I gave up on resolving my dental problems until it became too much for me to bare.

I do still however hope that you are somehow able to find a resolution to your dental issues x

Last edited:

Well the surgery went well. I did feel that I was asleep for a long time. It didnt feel like it was a blink of the eye situation, but other than that all was good.

I woke up with no pain and the proceedure complete. I came around quickly and was home within two hours of waking.

The staff were amazing. I really felt like I was at a private hospital. I received a great service from Kings College Dental Hospital and will be buying a thank you card and some speciality tea (from F&M) for the staff there. Cant thank them enough. Brilliant.

It's over. 4 years of pain and discomfort are in the past!!!!! :jump::jump:;D:)

I'm sorry to hear you feel that way about the situation, yet I can understand where you are coming from. For 4 years I gave up on resolving my dental problems until it became too much for me to bare.

I do still however hope that you are somehow able to find a resolution to your dental issues x

Its awesome your out of surgery. 4 years is a pretty short time compared to my wait. I avoided dentists for about 17 years and had been dealing w/ things getting worse for about 10 of those years.

Its awesome your out of surgery. 4 years is a pretty short time compared to my wait. I avoided dentists for about 17 years and had been dealing w/ things getting worse for about 10 of those years.

Thanks. Yes 17 years is a long time to be suffering with dental problems. Speaking for myself, my dental problems affected my social life and I just generally felt down about it all. The pain etc was at times unbareable. I eventually ended up having 7 teeth out today. Am scared ill loose more in the future. Luckily all the teeth were at the back so not noticeable. I cant imagine what you have gone through and are going through. Are you in the UK?

Thanks. Yes 17 years is a long time to be suffering with dental problems. Speaking for myself, my dental problems affected my social life and I just generally felt down about it all. The pain etc was at times unbareable. I eventually ended up having 7 teeth out today. Am scared ill loose more in the future. Luckily all the teeth were at the back so not noticeable. I cant imagine what you have gone through and are going through. Are you in the UK?

I know in the future ill have more problems since I've got genetics working against me. On my mothers side, my grandparents had full dentures, mom has full, my aunt has upper dentures, and now there's an uncle starting to have problems.

Actually I live in the united states

Good luck!

It may terrify you to go but in the end it will do you so much better. I had to have my wisdom teeth pulled along with a cracked tooth. Not to mention some cavities. It wasn't fun but I AM glad I went. If I did not go I would have only been in more pain over time. I never took that great care of my teeth, I never cared if something was not good for you to eat nor did I brush my teeth twice within the same day (sometimes it was past midnight when I brushed them for a second time). Plus I had not been to the dentist up until last year for a loooong time.

In the end it was worth it because my teeth feel great.

Last edited: