• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Not sure what to do Age35 need a whole new set of teeth

J

johnjay

Not sure what to do Age35 need a whole new set of teeth. so I haven't been to a dentist in many decades, i know for a fact all my teeth are bad, bottom and top. I got a estimate from one dentist for allon4 for 45g, that's way out of my budget. I need a solution more in price of 20g max. should I just consider denture, really at a loss what to do. I'm in VA, If any has any recommendation.

Hi, the first thing to do would be to get the advice of a dentist who has seen you in person - we have some tips for finding a dentist here:

Even if all your teeth are really bad, it is often possible to save some teeth strategically to use as "anchors", as a cheaper and better alternative to implants.

If none of your teeth can be saved and you're on a budget, you could consider some implants just in the lower jaw for an implant-supported denture. Top dentures, generally speaking, are easier because there's a fair bit of suction (because of the palate) and they tend to stay in a lot easier than bottom ones (which have a tendency to move around).

But this is jumping wayyyy ahead. Did the dentist who quoted for the allon4 actually see you, or was that a general quote over the internet?

Depending on where you are in VA, I could give a recommendation for a good oral surgeon that was reasonably priced. I had multiple implants done there.

Yes, he did quote me for the allon4 and did the 3d scan but said there was a more detailed ex-ray he needed to do to determine if I was candidate for implants. He said He didn't see any teeth worth saving. I'm in northern Va. by the way.

Back