• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Ok here goes - OPEN bite + braces question?

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

emma7442

I am an 18 year old Female from New Zealand who developed an anterior open bite from around age 13/14. After being put on the public health system years later after many xrays, meetings and molds its coming to that time to talk about getting braces before my surgery. However, I really really do not want metal braces not just because of the look but because of the discomfort of having them on top of a severe open bite. I have a slight cross bite too. Is it at all possible for me to get INVISALINE braces instead of metal ones? I do believe my dentist offers them but I dont know about in my case. My mum is most worried about the cost of them too. Please any advice would be helpful so I can be prepared for my meeting with him this month.

Hi Emma, this is a dental phobia forum so probably not the best spot for your question!

You may wish to repost your question on a forum dedicated to orthodontics, such as Archwired.

Status
Not open for further replies.