A
AnxiousAlice
Member
- Joined
- Jul 1, 2012
- Messages
- 58
- Location
- Florida USA
Because my fears seem to be escalating, I am thinking IV sedation over oral sedation may be a better choice for me.
I know I need sedation because my anxiety level would make any invasive procedure very uncomforatble for both me and the dentist.
But I am very concerned about drugs, intoxication, over dose or feeling out of control.
My tolerance level is very light when it comes to drugs. One glass of wine is definately my limit and that is on rare occasion.
When I had a back injury 10 years ago I was prescribed vicodin and could not stay awake at all while taking it.
I am wondeing about what is called conscious sedation and how it is conscious???
Halcion is a sleeping pill and if given one it is highly likely that I would simply sleep. A higher dose may have me under completely.
I asked instead about IV sedation and what drugs and was told they used versed with fentenyl.
I googled it and versed is another benzo tranquilizer which seems ok if not too high in does but also read that fentenyl is much stronger (by 80 times) than morphine which is a narcotic.
I am not sure how these drugs administered could keep me "conscious". My panic disorder combined with vertigo when laid back is a reason for sedation. But how much sedation is too much and what is the fine line between conscious and unconscious sedation.
Thank you again for any responses.
Alice
I know I need sedation because my anxiety level would make any invasive procedure very uncomforatble for both me and the dentist.
But I am very concerned about drugs, intoxication, over dose or feeling out of control.
My tolerance level is very light when it comes to drugs. One glass of wine is definately my limit and that is on rare occasion.
When I had a back injury 10 years ago I was prescribed vicodin and could not stay awake at all while taking it.
I am wondeing about what is called conscious sedation and how it is conscious???
Halcion is a sleeping pill and if given one it is highly likely that I would simply sleep. A higher dose may have me under completely.
I asked instead about IV sedation and what drugs and was told they used versed with fentenyl.
I googled it and versed is another benzo tranquilizer which seems ok if not too high in does but also read that fentenyl is much stronger (by 80 times) than morphine which is a narcotic.
I am not sure how these drugs administered could keep me "conscious". My panic disorder combined with vertigo when laid back is a reason for sedation. But how much sedation is too much and what is the fine line between conscious and unconscious sedation.
Thank you again for any responses.
Alice