L
Lpf
Junior member
- Joined
- Jun 18, 2014
- Messages
- 8
I've had 5 appointments at my previous dentist to get to the bottom of 2 problems teeth only to realise, he clearly doesn't know what he's doing.
Ive vey recently seen a new, excellent dentist who straight away found decay around an old lower filling that my previous dentist said was nothing wrong and found my previous dentist did a bad filling on my other molar and left an big area of decay underneath the filling which he said I needed extracting because I was still having pain.....
Anyway, I had the first tooth looked at 5 days ago. Large filling with a small area of decay next to it that he removed, cleaned it all out, put a sedative layer and another layer that released something good (!) and then the filling and felt it should be fine. After the general injection and jaw pain subsided I realised my tooth still hurt
. I've tentatively tried to eat on it but I get biting pain and tooth ache after. It's a tad sensitive but not greatly.
Im going back in a week for my other filling to be redone so I'll talk to the dentist then obviously but should I steal myself for this tooth not being saved? Does it just need longer to heal?
It's been 3 months of ongoing pain and repeat dentist visits and I'm so tired of it. I've put a complaint in about my previous dentist too.
Ive vey recently seen a new, excellent dentist who straight away found decay around an old lower filling that my previous dentist said was nothing wrong and found my previous dentist did a bad filling on my other molar and left an big area of decay underneath the filling which he said I needed extracting because I was still having pain.....
Anyway, I had the first tooth looked at 5 days ago. Large filling with a small area of decay next to it that he removed, cleaned it all out, put a sedative layer and another layer that released something good (!) and then the filling and felt it should be fine. After the general injection and jaw pain subsided I realised my tooth still hurt
. I've tentatively tried to eat on it but I get biting pain and tooth ache after. It's a tad sensitive but not greatly. Im going back in a week for my other filling to be redone so I'll talk to the dentist then obviously but should I steal myself for this tooth not being saved? Does it just need longer to heal?
It's been 3 months of ongoing pain and repeat dentist visits and I'm so tired of it. I've put a complaint in about my previous dentist too.
There's nothing like finding yourself in the chair over and over again. You start to think, "Will this procedure even work?" after you are stuck in a world of pain.

