• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Ongoing Pain- Please Help

M

Mauro

I have intense pain on and off again in upper and lower back molar region on my right side. No noticeable swelling or redness in the mouth.

There is sensitivity on a specific tooth in back top row and also one on the bottom,(that has undergone a root canal many years ago and long since lost the crown 5 years ago).

However the overall pain is very general in that my entire right jaw and upper cheek hurt tremendously. Chronic migraine headache accompanies the sore jaw.

Note that right before the onset of pain, I had a fever, sore throat and painfully stuffed sinus cold which was treated with rest and water. When the fever and cold broke, the tooth pain came on all at once. Prior to this, I have had no discomfort in my teeth.

Optional Information:

Already Tried:
rinsing with salt water, mouthwash, ibuprofen, Tylenol, Sudafed. Five days of pain, particularly stronger toward the end of the day and when in colder environments.

I've moved your thread to the dentistry question section, although we are not a general dentistry forum.

Have you called a dentist?

Hi!

You really need a dentist to look at this. If you don't have one, check out the section here on choosing a dentist.

When fillings or crowns fall off, it's generally a good idea to get them repaired as soon as possible.

I've had a lot of toothache this year, but I find that the only two things that help is pain meds and dentists. Most other advice is worthless.

Good luck!

;)

Back