• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Over 65 Cap Came Off, Choosing Extraction

C

CHANGES

I have a bridge that is over 30 years old, 1984 . And 4 upper front teeth that a back alley dentist sawed of for my then great Blue Cross BS Dental insurence. I never saw a patient both visits only him and his wife,waitign room empty shouls have been a warning.

Anyway now one of the crowns came off and since at my age a root canal is not in the plans and a single tooth isn't a good idea I'm thinking of pulling all 4 maybe all 7 upper teeth where appliances are.

My gums are healthy always have been but maybe just get all uppers pulled and full upper plate?

Need help.

Having a cap come off sounds like no fun (That's a huge fear of mine). As for what you should do with your treatment, I would go to a dentist you like/trust, explain your dental history and have them take a look. They might have other ideas on what would work best, especially since the previous dentist you mentioned was a little shady. Because the dentist was so shady, I think you need another dentist to take a look. Good luck!

Hi I am nearly 60 and I wouldn't be so quick to get rid of teeth. If they can be saved then keep your own, dentures are okay if there is no other option but not to be recommended if your own teeth can be restored. I also have a bridge that has been in place for nearly 30 years and I am dreading the day it fails.

As has already been said go and see a dentist or two or even three and see what they say, then decide what is the best course of action for you.

There is no right or wrong answer here as if is your decision to make. I would hang onto the teeth I have if possible.

I agree with Carole, go talk to your dentist and try to save any teeth you have. It sucks to be 29 and have already lost a molar.

Just because one cap came loose doesn't mean you need a root canal or to get all your front teeth extracted. dentures are really a last resort.

Back