• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Pain 1 month after wisdom teeth removal

• Thread starter Monarchandthemilkweed
  • Start date
M

Monarchandthemilkweed

My teenage daughter had her 4 wisdom teeth removed about a month ago. She had a lot of pain and even bruising on the outside of her face.
She’s still complaining of pain on the lower side. I looked at it. The gum looks healed well. No hole. normal color. But maybe a little bit bigger than the other side. No pus
she said the pain is like an ache and tender.
obviously I’ll call Monday. This stuff always happens on the weekend. Any insight as to what it could be?

Hi there,

don't have an advice, but 1 months sounds like a good reason to have it checked.. Has she been having pain all the time since the removal?

Hi there,

don't have an advice, but 1 months sounds like a good reason to have it checked.. Has she been having pain all the time since the removal?
So she has complained off and on of pain. Sometimes it’s her surrounding teeth. So I’m not sure if it’s constant in that one area or of it moves around.
it seems from my reading pain this long after extraction is not normal.

So just an update for anyone who might read this now or In the future

I continued to read online and worry about her having an infection and it going to the bone.
I ended up calling the on call service and they are calling a prescription. Really wish I had called yesterday. But I didn’t want to bother them. Though this is their job.
We are to make an appointment for her to be evaluated in the office This week but am
Happy to get her started on antibiotics
moral of the story, always call

Back