N
Neos
Member
- Joined
- Mar 21, 2023
- Messages
- 29
- Location
- UK
Hi,
I had a very difficult root canal completed 3 weeks over 3 sessions on my upper left second molar. Unfortunately I'm still having some discomfort 3 weeks later.
It feels fine most of the time. I can chew/bite on it with no pain, no tenderness on percussion, no cold/heat sensitivity. Gum inbetween the molars is a perhaps a little bit inflamed.
A handful of times throughout the day the tooth or the general area will ache for a split second to about 10 seconds before going back to normal again. I've noticed it's sometimes triggered by just simply talking, or sometimes by just moving my head.
It has no crown on it yet, only a permanent filling.
Everything I've read says pain past a few weeks is a bad sign. Is 3 weeks still within the healing window? I do have tmj issues so maybe that could be contributing to the lingering pain?
I had a very difficult root canal completed 3 weeks over 3 sessions on my upper left second molar. Unfortunately I'm still having some discomfort 3 weeks later.
It feels fine most of the time. I can chew/bite on it with no pain, no tenderness on percussion, no cold/heat sensitivity. Gum inbetween the molars is a perhaps a little bit inflamed.
A handful of times throughout the day the tooth or the general area will ache for a split second to about 10 seconds before going back to normal again. I've noticed it's sometimes triggered by just simply talking, or sometimes by just moving my head.
It has no crown on it yet, only a permanent filling.
Everything I've read says pain past a few weeks is a bad sign. Is 3 weeks still within the healing window? I do have tmj issues so maybe that could be contributing to the lingering pain?