R
rosie1418
Junior member
- Joined
- Jul 21, 2014
- Messages
- 2
Hello, I'd really appreciate it if somebody could offer me some advice about my situation.
3 weeks ago I went to the dentist to have 3 cavities filled (my first ever cavities) and the experience was far from easy! I initially allowed the dentist to drill without being numbed because I have a fear of needles and I was told that if it gets too mch then to raise my hand. Inevitably, the pain was too much so I raised my hand. I was told that 2 of the fillings would be done today, and that the other one would scheduled for a different day; so I was only numbed for the 2 fillings on my upper jaw. After 10 minutes, the dentist decided my mouth was dumb and proceeded to drill. The pain was AWFUL, I felt everything like before and I had to keep raising my hand for him to stop. THEN after he'd filled the teeth he proceeded to drill the 3rd tooth which wasn't supposed to be happening at this appointment. So I had a filling with absolutely no injections this time and as you can imagine, the pain was horrible. I was the last appointment of the day and just feel as though everything was rushed because perhaps the dentist didn't want to stay late; so there was little regard for the pain I was in. So this is why I don't want to return to my dentist and why I would really really appreciate some help.
Basically, where my upper and lower jaw connect, right in the corner, it is very sore to touch. Also, when I smile I feel a pain in my cheek. All fillings were carried out on this side of the mouth where I am experiencing discomfort. What do you think the pain could be caused by? Is it something to do with the fillings? I'm really terrified that I'm going to hve to return for more work
3 weeks ago I went to the dentist to have 3 cavities filled (my first ever cavities) and the experience was far from easy! I initially allowed the dentist to drill without being numbed because I have a fear of needles and I was told that if it gets too mch then to raise my hand. Inevitably, the pain was too much so I raised my hand. I was told that 2 of the fillings would be done today, and that the other one would scheduled for a different day; so I was only numbed for the 2 fillings on my upper jaw. After 10 minutes, the dentist decided my mouth was dumb and proceeded to drill. The pain was AWFUL, I felt everything like before and I had to keep raising my hand for him to stop. THEN after he'd filled the teeth he proceeded to drill the 3rd tooth which wasn't supposed to be happening at this appointment. So I had a filling with absolutely no injections this time and as you can imagine, the pain was horrible. I was the last appointment of the day and just feel as though everything was rushed because perhaps the dentist didn't want to stay late; so there was little regard for the pain I was in. So this is why I don't want to return to my dentist and why I would really really appreciate some help.
Basically, where my upper and lower jaw connect, right in the corner, it is very sore to touch. Also, when I smile I feel a pain in my cheek. All fillings were carried out on this side of the mouth where I am experiencing discomfort. What do you think the pain could be caused by? Is it something to do with the fillings? I'm really terrified that I'm going to hve to return for more work



A good dentist will make almost all treatment a painless experience. If it were me I would take control and find yourself a kind, caring one, they do exist believe me, you should not have to put up with a terrible experience like the one you have described. I would certainly not be going back again 