• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Pain in lower jaw that moves into ear after tooth extraction

M

Memaw20

I had a tooth pulled 5 days ago and he had to put stitches in after he removed the tooth. The stitches came out before I got home along with the front piece of my gums where he pulled the tooth. I had really bad pain from that spot going into my left ear since. They had me com back in two days ago because he thought it was infected but it wasn't and in the process of him cleaning and looking around in the hole he took out the clot. He put some kinda gel stuff in it and said it should make the pain stop and stay in for 3 more days but it fell out within 30 minutes of leaving the office and the pain is unbearable you can also see what I believe is bone that's attached to the other teeth. Please help what could it be.

Of ypu.look closely you can see some bone next to the tooth and then the spot where the tooth was and the other side that is also all raised up and the bottom of the gum line where he pulled the tooth is bruised and has a big knot in it

Difficult extractions can often be sore for a few days. I’d say it would be worth going back to get another pack put in as that should give some relief. Meantime ibuprofen and paracetamol (if you can take them OK) should help ease the pain and gentle warm salty water rinses to keep clean.

Back