• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Pain in tooth or gum or both?

D

duckman06

To start off I would like to thank this site for its help with dental matters. My problem started with the tooth in question after I had another tooth that had two failed root canals in which that tooth had to be removed. So on the right side of my lower mouth on both sides I have the following done.

On both sides again on my lower teeth I had to have booth rear teeth furthest back removed due to root canal failures and the teeth in front of them on both sides did not have permeant tooth on either side and many years ago they came out due to being baby teeth.

Ok so now I don't on either side lower have my back to teeth and both sides mirror each other. The next tooth that's still there has delved a pain either in the gum or tooth itself and becomes losse at times. I have been to the dentist 10 times in which X-rays show nothing is wrong and he suspects that the tooth sense no other tooth behind it is receiving more bitting then others in which he adjusted a little reliaf but now that tooth or gum hurts.

It does not hurt when a chewy or sensitive to hot or cold. It just hurts! On a scale of 1-10 the pain is about 2-3. So my question is what can I do now? In the past 7 years my teeth went from being very healthy to problems every few months. I am thinking that maybe I have gengvistis that is caused this. So I brush 3 times a day, floss at least once and use fluoride but still nothing changes. Any suggestions???

Hi welcome to the forum :jump::jump::jump:

Could you be grinding you teeth on a night, this would cause the pain you are describing, you may notice that you do it through the day too if this is the case. Does your jaw ache or do you wake up with headaches ?

These are all symptoms of grinding or clenching. Also did this start after having a filling as sometimes a filling can be a bit high causing the bite to be out a bit. :butterfly:

Hi welcome to the forum :jump::jump::jump:

Could you be grinding you teeth on a night, this would cause the pain you are describing, you may notice that you do it through the day too if this is the case. Does your jaw ache or do you wake up with headaches ?

These are all symptoms of grinding or clenching. Also did this start after having a filling as sometimes a filling can be a bit high causing the bite to be out a bit. :butterfly:

I guess it could be tooth grinding? The Pain I have does not occur while eating, bitting down or cold & hot. It just hurts regardless of what I do! Thanks for the post. I am going to try to get in to see dentist this week as the pain is pretty much localized to one or two teeth. I am concerned that I either have bone lost or abbesses tpoth?

Back