• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Painful gum 2 months after molar extraction

R

robert hogan

2 months ago i had a lower molar extracted after a failed root cannal treatment years before. It was done by an oral surgeon. All went well. During recovery i had to go back in to get to get some sharp pieces of bone shaved which surfaced through the gum. They where not fragments they where attached to my jaw bone. One month later i have the same problem again. It feels like a small ridge under the gum and is very painful. I am only eating soft foods and trying my best to leave it alone so it can heal on its own. I am anxious about going back to my oral surgeon and getting cut again but will if i dont get improvement soon. Has anyone out there had a similar experience? How long could this take to heal? Any comments or info would be appreciated.
Thanks

Very annoying when that happens, my sympathies.
Unfortunately without actually seeing you, there is no easy way to predict how long it will take to get better on its own, could be weeks or could be longer.
Probably best to get your surgeon to take another look at it and advise.

Back