• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Partial upper front dentures hurting like hell!

J

Jemimapuddleduck

I have had a top front partial denture fitted to replace three teeth formerly on a bridge. I was in great fear about the procedure which was necessary as bridge was loose and one tooth fractured plus infection in other . All roots have now been extracted but dentist hasn't given me any thing to deal with the infection and says no need! Additionally the acrylic plate comes down behind the adjoining teeth , thus moving every time I speak, swallow or eat . Eating is impossible actually because the wire clasps go underneath my adjoining teeth before going around and so my bite is compromised, and it hurts if I press hard enough to get the teeth to meet in order to bite ! Dentist says these immediate dentures must remain in place for three months but I'm at my wits end and don't think I can survive that long, although clearly I don't want to go around with a gap of three teeth in the middle front! Surely the clasps are misplaced? Advice needed badly . ( lost original teeth aged 11 after a nasty fall)

Sounds like it needs adjusting

Back