• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Perio surgery coming up next week... so nervous!

P

Pdrap

I have my gum graft coming up next Thursday and I’m pretty nervous about it, I was just hoping for some reassurance that after doing it and keeping up good brushing/flossing that it will all help me to not lose these teeth, I’ll attach a picture to show what they currently look like, I’m so upset about it cause I feel like my dentist has never really told me how bad they are until I asked question! ?

Attachments

• 4E7B83C9-CE08-4A87-81CF-223AC257D122.jpeg
    4E7B83C9-CE08-4A87-81CF-223AC257D122.jpeg
    29.1 KB · Views: 23
Also I am 38 and know that it is normal to have some recession starting and was told it’s due to tooth positioning... but is this a really bad case? I’m scared about it being too late amd past the stage of there being any good hope.

You’re going to be okay! FWIW, the second post here exhaustively details my graft experience (tldr: it is not bad. Not fun, per se, but definitely not too bad!). Good luck! Keep us posted.

That’s good to hear that it wasn’t that bad as I am going the pinhole route Which from what I read is supposed to be less invasive but still looks terrifying! But I think he still said something about a few stitches and using my blood for prf , so it sounds a little more involved than just the pinhole Technique, I might even do conscious sedation to help calm me
Some more, I just hope this helps me keep these two teeth, I’ve never had any major dental issues like this and this freaks me out for some reason! did you have to wait a few weeks to brush those areas, I won’t be able to brush one side of my mouth for awhile and that seems like no fun.

Back