• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Periodontal disease and dentures

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lindylou1601
  • Start date Start date
L

Lindylou1601

Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2024
Messages
73
Location
North London
I'm in a state of shock today. I went to a new private dentist for a check up. I had 4 teeth extracted and an immediate partial denture inserted 3 months ago with my NHS dentist. I booked an appointment privately hoping to get a better denture but was informed I should wait another 3 months until my gums are healed. He went on to say I have Periodontal disease and need deep cleaning treatment which I agreed to. He also informed me that I might not be able to have a denture. I am in shock. Surely people with Periodontal disease can have dentures. I know many people who have dentures due to tooth loss from the disease.
 
Back
Top