M
makeachange
Junior member
- Joined
- Jan 4, 2018
- Messages
- 10
Tomorrow morning I'm booked in to have 5 teeth extracted, my front lower four and a lower back molar which broke in half a long time ago.
It's been a long journey to get here and this is just the start, but I'm absolutely terrified. I've opted for conscious sedation and I'm not so worried about that part, more like bring it on as I don't want to remember anything! For me it's about the fear and pain and humiliation that has long been linked to childhood dental experiences that has led to my phobia. I do have a lovely dentist now who I trust and who understands my fears.
I don't know what to expect, I'm so scared I'm crying writing this. Please please can someone reassure me that it's going to be ok?
It's been a long journey to get here and this is just the start, but I'm absolutely terrified. I've opted for conscious sedation and I'm not so worried about that part, more like bring it on as I don't want to remember anything! For me it's about the fear and pain and humiliation that has long been linked to childhood dental experiences that has led to my phobia. I do have a lovely dentist now who I trust and who understands my fears.
I don't know what to expect, I'm so scared I'm crying writing this. Please please can someone reassure me that it's going to be ok?
Last edited:
at the "wishing a car would take me out" cuz i can SO relate! before my extractions i found myself crossing the street and subconsciously being a little less cautious...i wasn't TRYING to get hit by a car, but also in the back of my mind i was thinking "well if i got hit by a car i won't have to go get my teeth pulled out."