• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Pimple

  • Thread starter Thread starter geos
  • Start date Start date
G

geos

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 22, 2011
Messages
559
Location
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Hi,
Tuesday I had my dental cleaning and towards the end the hygienist told me she noticed a small pimple on my gums between an implant and a tooth. I never noticed the pimple before and when she poked at it, it didn’t hurt. It’s a tiny white spot, around 1mm in size. Unfortunately, her x-ray machine wasn’t working that day so she couldn’t take one. She mentioned she would book some extra time at the next visit, in 4 months, to have the dentist take a look, if it’s still there.

Obviously, it’s now on my mind and I keep wondering if I should be taking an appointment with the dentist for them to investigate it sonner rather than later.
 
Geos

Hi, that would bug me too, just not knowing. Maybe if she thought it was serious she would have booked something right away? but never hurts to call and see if they can take a peak to get it off your mind. ?
 
Ended up following the hygienist’s recommendation and waited for my next appointment. I’m going in next week. Being close to the appointment, the issue is now back on my mind.
 
I had my follow-up earlier this week and they took an x-ray, a few pictures, measured and the dentist examined the area. We will keep monitor the area since it doesn’t seem to be an abscess or fistula.
 
what was the reason it happened?
 
Back
Top