• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Please Help I need an extraction & I am scared to go

  • Thread starter Thread starter tracy3095
  • Start date Start date
T

tracy3095

Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2012
Messages
26
Location
Florida
I need to have a upper right molar removed. I am too scared to call and go do it. I had one removed in Feb 2008 as well but it was a lower left one. Are upper teeth easier to remove? How long will it take once the lidocaine kicks in? I want to do it, but as I said I am too scared to call and go.
 
I had an upper tooth removed in Sept 2012. I was terrified like you. The dentist rubbed some gel on my gum which made it feel numb then he injected the area. He waited while my gum went numb. It took 2 mins for him to remove the tooth. I didn't know it was out until he said he had done. I had sent myself crazy before he did this. I couldn't sleep it was all I could think about I made myself feel really ill with it all. But I would not be that worried again if I had to have another removed. It doesn't hurt and it is quick. From what I have read in on this site and upper is easier but I think if you get the right dentist you'll be fine.
 
Last edited:
Ugh only 2 days now til my appointment..I get terrified and sick everytime I think of it. Main thing I am scared of is: pain, what the dentist will say, what will happen, what they are going to do, and how will I feel. Omg I hate waiting it makes it only worse.
 
I hear ya, I have to have one removed because of external reabsorption (basically my bone cells are eating away at my tooth). Tomorrow I go in to the dentist and they are going to take a mold of my tooth to send to the oral surgeon, which I will get my referral for tomorrow. Best of luck to you. I've had some sleepless nights about it too!
 
You'll be just fine. In and out before you know it. Your thoughts are more frightening than the actual experience. This is THE WORST part of your appointment, the anticipation .... you'll breathe a sigh of relief when it's over and say... that was it??????
 
Its funny, I had a lower molar extracted in 2008, had no anxiety about it, went it and had it pulled and healed great. This time whole different story. Tomorrow is the day and I cant stop thinking about it. Hubby and my lil guy who is almost 3 will be there waiting in the waiting room, I know once I get there I will be ok. Its just getting that thru my head. How long does a normal extraction appointment take? I just want to know what kind of time frame I will be there and then off to home.
 
You will probably be there for about 20 to 30 minutes tops. The tooth will be out in 2mins other time you are there will be waiting to get numb and making sure a clot has formed and bleeding has stopped.
 
Just wish it would hurry up and get here so I can be done with it ya know. I will be so glad when Friday afternoon gets here and its all over.
 
I know but you will be floating on air, and so pleased with yourself. The natural high you get from actually doing it is worth as much as having nice teeth. It's like Christmas and your best birthday all rolled into one. You will be fine. I usually take painkillers before the numbing wears off just in case I feel sore after. The day after I don't usually need any, but if you do take them. GOOD LUCK !!!
Keep us posted on here if you can and let us know how you go on.
 
Thank you...I will try to get on here tomorow afternoon and fill you in. Just be glad when its all over.
 
17 hours til my appointment UGHHHHHHHHHH

Not that I am counting or anything..I am just so ready for it to over with. The closer it gets the more anxiety seems to creep in. Hopefully having my upper right 2nd molar extraced Friday morning at 11. I think I am more fearful of not knowing what is going to happen, be said etc. I know I need 1 more tooth pulled(due to still having a baby tooth)and a filling (small hole in another molar)eventually, but not anytime soon as they do not hurt or anything. I can only do one at a time being the big chicken I am. So please assure me once more that everything will go fine, no pain just pressure and it wont last long(the appointment that is). I just want in and out as quick as possible lol. Then I can breath normal and feel good that it is over and be on the road to healing.
 
Re: 17 hours til my appointment UGHHHHHHHHHH

Everything will be fine. Just keep saying to yourself tomorrow, it will be fine, nothing bad is going to happen. You will be in and out before you know it. Thinking of you. YOU CAN DO IT.
 
Back
Top