• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Please help- Severe panic disorder w/agoraphobia Day 4 After extraction of #19 bottom molar

A

Abshire06

Please help- Severe panic disorder w/agoraphobia Day 4 After extraction of #19 bottom molar

Good Afternoon- I sure am hoping someone can help ease my mind and calm my nerves. :(
On Wednesday (4 days ago) I had a bottom molar #19 removed, on my left side. It was a tooth that had a root canal of 14 years in it and it had began giving me pain 2 weeks ago. It was determined I needed to have it removed. Which is what I did. My oral surgeon had a problem with the nerve block, I wouldn't get numb all the way after 3 attempts at the nerve block. He explained he was going to go slow trying to remove it so the roots had less chance of breaking due to them being brittle from prior root canal. Long story short, the tooth came out after about 10 mins. He did not put a stitch in or anything just gauze. There was a root that did break and he "dug it out". Over the past few days I have had to take Tylenol due to an ache/pain that feels down in my extraction site. Due to my panic disorder I have not slept well due to thinking I have or am starting to have a dry socket. This causes me immense stress and anxiety. I am attaching a picture of what it looks like yesterday (the more grayish one) and today (the darker one)and I appreciate any replies you're able to give

thank you,
hillary

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 31
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 28
Re: Please help- Severe panic disorder w/agoraphobia Day 4 After extraction of #19 bottom molar

Also, the unusual shape of my gum has me concerned as well. Is any of this normal? And does this look like a normal healing or dry socket?

thank you

Re: Please help- Severe panic disorder w/agoraphobia Day 4 After extraction of #19 bottom molar

Looks okay from what I can see. Why wasn't the caries treated in the back molar while you were numb?

I'm sorry I don't know what a caries is. Probably because I was so scared. I appreciate your response with all of my heart. I have had upper teeth extracted and the pain never lasted this long, I assume this is different because it is a lower tooth

Back