R
ryansebert
Junior member
- Joined
- Aug 14, 2015
- Messages
- 1
So here is my long story as I have many questions:
In June, I had two fillings - my bottom right molar and my top right molar. The bottom filling was very large but the top filling was an ordinary procedure. After the work was done, my teeth were fine despite some sensitivity I had in my bottom tooth, I did expect this as it was such a big filling. A couple weeks later, both teeth were fine but I had sensitivity in the bottom filling, so I bought a Sensodyne toothpaste.
When I first used this, I felt a harsh burning sensation in all of my teeth as I was brushing. It literally felt like my teeth were on fire. I rinsed my mouth out and thought nothing of it and carried on using it, in a matter of days the burning sensation disappeared and I enjoyed using it. When I ran out, I didn't have time or money to buy another one so I switched to an Oral B complete protection toothpaste. A week or two ago I bought the Sensodyne toothpaste again and the burning sensation began while brushing. I also bought a Colgate toothpaste for sensitive teeth and weird enough that made my teeth burn! I don't know what to do as these are supposed to relieve my sensitivity.
Now, it's my top right tooth that is causing sensitivity, my bottom tooth is fine. Also, to mention, a couple weeks ago I had some exposed nerve (not sure what) in my top right filling and my dentist put some varnish on the tooth to cover it up. So everything is fine apart from the two toothpastes making my teeth burn and my top right filling is very sensitive, more sensitive than the huge filling I had below it.
Long story short, here are some questions:
Why are both toothpastes (Sensodyne Complete Protection and Colgate Sensitive Enamel) making my teeth burn when I brush with them?
Why is my top right filling more sensitive than my huge filling I had below it?
And I hate to ask to many questions, but I have a sensitive area in my top left teeth that causes mild pain when eating sweets (chocolate in particular) and I have asked both dentists why it's causing me pain and they both said there is nothing to fill?
In June, I had two fillings - my bottom right molar and my top right molar. The bottom filling was very large but the top filling was an ordinary procedure. After the work was done, my teeth were fine despite some sensitivity I had in my bottom tooth, I did expect this as it was such a big filling. A couple weeks later, both teeth were fine but I had sensitivity in the bottom filling, so I bought a Sensodyne toothpaste.
When I first used this, I felt a harsh burning sensation in all of my teeth as I was brushing. It literally felt like my teeth were on fire. I rinsed my mouth out and thought nothing of it and carried on using it, in a matter of days the burning sensation disappeared and I enjoyed using it. When I ran out, I didn't have time or money to buy another one so I switched to an Oral B complete protection toothpaste. A week or two ago I bought the Sensodyne toothpaste again and the burning sensation began while brushing. I also bought a Colgate toothpaste for sensitive teeth and weird enough that made my teeth burn! I don't know what to do as these are supposed to relieve my sensitivity.
Now, it's my top right tooth that is causing sensitivity, my bottom tooth is fine. Also, to mention, a couple weeks ago I had some exposed nerve (not sure what) in my top right filling and my dentist put some varnish on the tooth to cover it up. So everything is fine apart from the two toothpastes making my teeth burn and my top right filling is very sensitive, more sensitive than the huge filling I had below it.
Long story short, here are some questions:
Why are both toothpastes (Sensodyne Complete Protection and Colgate Sensitive Enamel) making my teeth burn when I brush with them?
Why is my top right filling more sensitive than my huge filling I had below it?
And I hate to ask to many questions, but I have a sensitive area in my top left teeth that causes mild pain when eating sweets (chocolate in particular) and I have asked both dentists why it's causing me pain and they both said there is nothing to fill?
to the forum.