• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Positive implant stories?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wolfsrule18
  • Start date Start date
W

Wolfsrule18

Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
99
So 5 months after 22 extractions I'm gonna be getting implants! The surgery will be towards the end of April and then I have to wait 5 months before getting the crowns put on. I'm incredibly excited but also very nervous. Any positive implant stories? I have to say the waiting is the hardest part..this whole process from start to finish will be about a year.
 
I don't have a story (yet) but I'm about to go through the same thing so will be interested to follow your journey,good luck!
 
I only have a single implant, but so far so good. I had the extraction last May and got the implant crown last month. I had grafting at the time of the extraction, but healing seemed pretty normal for an extraction. In September I got the implant post and I had very little discomfort after.

Happy to answer any questions about my experience.
 
I had a single implant about 20 years ago, another one about 15 years ago, and 10 years ago I had 6 placed together. All experiences were good at the time, but a couple of the last ones developed peri-implantitis just recently and had to be removed.
 
Back
Top