• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Question about filling that fell out and partial

B

becboo4820

I have a filling that has fell out of my anchor tooth for my partial. I have unsuccessfully been able to get to the dentist because of my anxiety. It makes me sick at my stomach. Anyway I was wondering, how fast my tooth will get weaker without the filling and it being the anchor tooth for my partial? I plan on trying to make an appt once my stomach calms down. I am just worried about the tooth breaking and my partial not fitting.

That's an impossible question...
However, usually it's possible to work around things if the anchor fails, so even if it does, it's not the end of the world (or the denture!).

So, you are saying that if my anchor tooth breaks or even has to be removed, I could still be able to use the partial? My dentist told me that I would not be able to use it anymore and would have to have all my remaining teeth removed and a full denture placed.

Without actually knowing what your mouth is like and what teeth are involved, then yes, potentially the situation could be fixed.

Back