• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Questions regarding my tooth extraction site

A

ashley14

hello i just got my first upper premolar on both sides (the one directly behind the canine teeth) extracted for braces last week. i'm getting the braces put on this saturday. my teeth extraction sites are healing properly but what got me worried is there's a hard bump on one of the extraction sites, like on the gum just beside the extraction site,i was thinking maybe is a bone fragment but it doest seem like anything is trying to poke out from the gum and i got to see my extracted teeth after the extraction, the teeth is in perfect shape no part of it is broken or missing. luckily the gum is not exactly hurting, when i use my tongue to push against it, it just feel like there's something there and have a slight dull ache. Can anyone tell me what is that bump? is it normal to have a white stuff in the teeth extraction socket after a week? Thank you:)

Last edited:
Hi :welcome:to the forum.

Yes the white stuff is normal and means that you are healing well. All you are feeling is normal. If the person putting the braces on thinks there is a problem with the extraction site they won't proceed if it will interfere with your healing. Try not to worry it sounds like things will be okay :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::butterfly::butterfly:

Back